Lunar colonists of Moonbase Alpha are marooned in space after a nuclear explosion pushes the Moon out of its orbit, and a rescue spaceship from the Earth is not what it seems to be.
- The film was compiled in 1978, in the wake of Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)' success. This explains the scrolling foreword 'homage' at the start of this film.
- The date is changed from 2004 (as it was in the original two-part story) to a more futuristic 2100.
- The opening narration says the year is 2100, yet dialog indicates the year is only 2000 or 2001.
- The main control room set changes to a much smaller, completely different one after the prologue. (The prologue was taken from a first season Space: 1999 episode while the rest of the film was taken from the second season, and during the interval there was a drastic set change).
- In the opening they identify the date as 2100 but in the audio they say it's well into the 21st century. If it's 2100 then it should be the 22nd century as the 21st century date would be 2000 not 2100. They're about a century off.
- The number "5" is reversed on the moon buggy in some shots during the final chase.
- During a fight on the moon surface, one actor's helmet visor is seen to open.
- IMDB Ref:tt0074402